When you carry the Bible, Satan gets a headache;
When you open it, he collapses;
When he sees you reading it, he faints;
When he sees that you are living what you read, he flees;
When you are about to re-post this, he will try and discourage you;
I just defeated Satan you can defeat Satan too by simply re-posting
The Bible states that Satan will be attacking more in the last days because he knows his days are numbered. I did not know anything about spiritual warfare before I moved to SC and joined Sisk Memorial Baptist church. Mike Wallace, the assistant pastor at the time preached a wonderful sermon on the subject. In fact, I still have the notes from that sermon years ago. I was raised Methodist, and I don't ever remember the Methodist church ministers preaching on the subject. Of note, I am a member of Lakeshore Christian Fellowship now, which is a Foursquare Gospel Church.
I truly believe that Jesus is coming soon. I agree with my pastor, Gil Dirman. He stated in one sermon...even the unchurched know something is going on. I think about people who are buying into the Mayan Calendar theory of the end of time being on December 21, 2012, which is full of fallacy. People who should know better are actually believing this theory. Those who are inclined to give credence to this theory should be aware of the following Biblical truths:
1. Nobody knows the day or hour that Jesus is going to come. He does not know Himself, per scripture in Revelations. Only the Father knows. He did tell us to be looking for the signs and gave the fig tree in summer as an example in the gospel. He said it would be an unexpected time because He will come like a "thief in the night." Now if Jesus doesn't know when He will return, how can the Mayans possibly know? And if He comes at an unexpec†ed time, how can they predict the date?
2. There is supposed to be 7 years of tribulation before Jesus comes. The book of Daniel discusses that there will be much difficulty prior to Jesus' return. If there were any truth to what the Mayan calendar predicts as "doomday", then the 7 year period would have started in 2005.
3. Jesus could come well before Dec 21, 2012. I think it is a good idea to "be safe rather than sorry" in most of my situations, and this is most certainly no exception. It is important to be ready at all times for His return. He will return for His bride, the church. I don't know of any bride who can prepare herself for a wedding in 5 minutes. Now is the time to start getting ready if you haven't already. If you are reading this and don't know how to prepare yourself, or haven't accepted Jesus as your Savior, then message me and we will discuss this subject further. Heaven is a party that I don't plan to miss, and I hope you won't either.
Until next time,
Big Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment