Saturday, August 20, 2011

Photos from Stampin' Up's Charlotte Regional Seminar...

Hi Everyone!


I want to say a huge thank you to the ladies in our Stamping Fellowship that meets at Glenrock Baptist Church in Fort Mill, SC for allowing me to do what I enjoy doing the most.  I had a blast at seminar today! I met many demonstrators from North Carolina who meet regularly and invited me to attend.  This means more knowledge for me, and ultimately for you as well because I will have more to share.  I actually met the Co-Founder and CEO of Stampin' Up today.  Her name is Shelli Gardner, and I can tell you that she is very down to earth and genuine as well as being a very nice person.  She talked about people being more important than sales and how stamping friends are more like family.  Here are some photos that highlighted the convention for me:

Left to right: Jennifer (a new friend from Ohio that I sat with), Shelli Gardner and myself.


Shelli  presided over the event and had some really interesting insights.


Many of the demonstrators swapped cards there.  They were displayed on display boards.  I will share a few with you.  This stamp set is in the holiday mini catalog that I will be handing out after I receive it for the next fellowship meeting...

I can tell that the flame on this one was made from the wing on the bird punch.  A deeper color was sponged onto the yellow. Designer paper was rolled up for the candles and the new baker's twine that is in the catalog was used for the wick.



This card was gorgeous.  Ribbon was folded for the backdrop.  Vellum paper was used for the flower which was punched out with the Blossom Petals Builder Punch.  It was edged with glitter.  We have a new tube of glitter that already has the adhesive mixed in that is in the mini-catalog which I will be giving out on Saturday.  Stick-on pearls that are in the regular catalog were used for the center.  The paper was somewhat folded down on the petals by using a bone folder...





I thought this button bracelet made from Stampin'Up buttons and elastic band was absolutely adorable.  I will find out exactly how to make this one!


This card was demonstrated and was made with a new designer paper called Spice Cake which is in the Mini Catalog.  The flower you see here is actually the Butterfly punch and the scallop border uses 2 of our punches together...


This party favor or little treat was made by adhering 2 of the sizzix big notes together and using a large eyelet with some designer fabric (You could use ribbon).  On the inside are hershey's treasures candy in a cello bag which have been stamped with the "It's a Wrap" Holidays stamps that are in the new mini catalog.  We also have stamps that wrap around these little candies in the regular catalog.  



This scrapbook page was demonstrated with the new leaves stamp set and they also made a card with this design.  


Until Next Time,

Big Mama




4 comments:

Micki - Avenue of Art said...

Wow! Sounds like it was a really fun (and inspiring) time! I love the photos you posted...and I am looking forward checking out your great blog on a regular basis. TFS
- Micki (Avenue of Art.com)

Big Mama's Blog said...

Thank you Micki! I have enjoyed your posting as well and will be checking your blog regularly also...

Micki - Avenue of Art said...

Got your note of explanation. Thanks for the clarification. "Big Mama's Blog" works fine for me...I am looking forward to seeing more as you post on your blog!

Dale Morin said...

Great pictures. Love the vellium flower. Sounds like you had a great time. Followed over from SC